Join me, Orazio Scaldaferri, for 10 Day Italy Tour to Discover Southern Italy. Learn, experience and taste what this amazing land can offer. An all inclusive vacation you deserve. You will come back refreshed and recharged! Limited space available.
Included in 10 Day Italy Tour
- Harvest/Picking of the Olive Fruit
- Tour of the Mill where the Olive Oil is pressed
- Cooking Classes
- Thermal Baths
- Tour of Ancient Villages
- Archaeology Tour
- Picking and Tasting fresh Capers and Oregano
- Picnic in a National Park
- Visit Traditional Workshops and Factories
- Watch Bocconcini being made
- Winery Tours and Tastings
Cost of Italy Tour Package Including Airfare
- October 5th to October 15th, 2016
- Double – $4510.00
- Single – $4910.00
Cost of Italy Tour includes Round Trip Airfare | Meals | Hotel.
Departures from other cities available. Inquire with Columbus World Travel.
- Group will be greeted by Orazio Scaldaferri, your host, upon arrival. Transfer from Lamezia Airport to Miramare Palace Hotel. [D] (Transfer time approx.1 1.5 hours)
- Visit the thermal baths of Spezzano or Cassano. Unwind after your overseas flight and take a mud bath. Bring your swim wear and test the waters. [B,D]
- Enjoy the fascinating and historic olive harvest. Witness first hand how the olives are collected and processed. Orazio’s Olive Oil comes from a small southern Italian town of Piana di Cerchiara. Picking capers and fresh wild oregano from the hills enriches your experience. Afternoon is free to do as you like. [B,D]
- Participate in a cooking class, exploring and preparing the specialties of southern Italy. All food and equipment is provided. Savour the fruit of your labour as you enjoy lunch. Enjoy the afternoon on a local beach to soak up the sun. [B,L,D]
- Full day dedicated to visiting and exploring the Pollino National Park with a guided tour and packed lunch that will be provided. Beverages will be available for purchase along the way. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended today. [B,L,D]
- Today’s adventure will include a guided archeological tour. Visit the remains of ancient villages of the area and the ruins of Greco-Roman Sibaris. Historically Sibaris amassed great wealth thanks to its fertile agricultural land and busy port. You will have ample free time to explore on your own. [B,D]
- This day is dedicated to the Culinary culture of the area. We will be making various visits which include workshops and factories where fresh mozzarella is made daily. [B,D]
Finally, Olive Oil Day!
- We will spend time in the groves, see the entire process beginning to end, from picking, sorting, pressing and bottling. We’ll pick, smell, touch and taste the flavors. You will have the opportunity to purchase the freshest olive oil produced on site. Your eyes will marvel at the beauty of the Olive. This evening we will dine Al Fresco and enjoy some local wine. [B,D]
- The focus today is on the “Vini della Calabria”, experience local wines with a tour of several wineries. Over 90% of the regions wine production is red wine, made from Gaglioppo grape. Gala Dinner at the end of the day.
- Motor Coach transfer from Trebisacce to Lamezia Airport.
- Transfer time 1.5 hours approx. Return to Canada
Round Trip Airfare [Taxes included]
Miramare Palace Hotel | 4 Star Property
Breakfast & Dinner daily [Lunches not included]
Expert Local Guide
Orazio Scaldaferri | English Speaking
Transportation included for all day trips
Book with Columbus World Travel – 604.255.7781 | 1.800.661.8005
email@example.com | 1503 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, V5L 3Y1